Monday, January 11, 2016

USU Eastern Mens basketball (2-0) in 2016

USU Eastern brain trust starts New Year 2-0 

Building, Rebuilding and Coaching 'em up to a 2-0 start to kick the 2016 Year off right.

(Photo credit to my wife Kim who took a second to snap a quick photo, as she is busy watching and cheering for Brandon and I together) Coach Vando and I watching the action as we beat Colorado NW for a Win in Scenic West Conference play at Price Utah on Saturday.

Constantly making adjustments, infusing positive energy, We are changing the culture of the program. We are putting in Offensive sets that fit the players strengths. We have increased the intensity on Defense. Our physical conditioning is better. The spirit and morale is much better as we find success. We are playing unselfishly as we strive to reach our Team Goals.

We still have a lot of work to do, We must be mentally and physically prepared for a tough week.
SLCC comes in on Thursday after a 10 pt loss and it is Fan appreciation night. This will be a great measuring stick to see where we are as a Team. It is true we currently have 7 players and an 8 th player has recently walked on.  We are constantly focusing on our attention to detail.

This week we will also face Snow College in a Rival contest. The atmosphere for both games will be intense.

I have truly enjoyed this opportunity to be back on the hardwood, teaching and developing the athletes. I have seen great progress in the short time together. I am grateful to Coach Vando for allowing me to be apart of the rebuilding process. Coach Vando and I share the same philosophies and passion for the game. I am enjoying my role. 

I am also very appreciative to all the Families of the current and former players, Friends, and Fans who have taken the time to come up to me and share their kind worlds of support. I am moved that you recognize the transformation within the Team since my arrival.

The credit all goes to the athletes who have worked hard in this time of transition. This is a process and a challenge. So to Team Captains Phil and Brandon with  Sol, Alex, Austin, Grant, Tevin and Dexter with a recent practice players Malaki and Richard, I thank you.
 USU Eastern will continue to grow and work hard to represent the program in a positive manner. It is a thrill to see the confidence grow as the young men make strides for the futures at other four year 
institutes.

Let's get this work in !!


coachscottfields.com
Twitter@Scott_Fields
Instagram@coachscottfields

coachscottfields@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment