Thursday, July 23, 2015

BYU Icon Jimmer signs contract with Spurs






BYU Icon Jimmer signs camp contract with the Spurs
I have had the honor and privilege to be around and work with BYU graduate Jimmer Fredette who signed with the Sacramaneto Kings.
When I returned from coaching in Venezuela , I went and spent time with my friend Coach Keith Smart. Jimmer was in the gym early working with player development coach Ross McMains.

I also was Head Coach of a group of men for an NBA Charity event Nd Jimmer was on that squad.

He worked tirelessly for a couple hours before practice ever started. He is a great guy, He doesn't complain, he just worked waiting for his opportunity with the Kings .

Jimmer the BYU legend who is 6'2" and about 195 can SHOOT IT.  The Glens Falls NY product was was the NCAA scoring leader in 2011
he has suited up for the Kings, Bulls, Pelicans and now title contenders Spurs

Will he fit? Will he earn and stay with the Spurs after camp? Only a camp contract is quaranteed to this point I hear from sources ?

Well, he is a shooter, he will be put into a system, Spurs spread the floor well and they utilize shooters. I say shooters are always an assets to a Team.
he is a catch and shoot guy. Spurs move the ball well and find the open shooter, they make the extra pass to find the open man.

I say this is a great opportunity to Jimmer and I wish him well

Good Luck Jimmer !!

Enjoy this link and article http://projectspurs.com/2015-articles/how-jimmer-fredette-could-fit-in-with-the-spurs.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+projectspurs+%28Project+Spurs+-+A+San+Antonio+Spurs+Blog+and+Podcast%29

coachscottfields.com
Twitter@Scott_Fields
IG@coachscottfields

coachscottfields@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment