Sunday, August 16, 2015

What I am after cant be purchased- by Coach Scott Fields

What I am after cant be purchased


It is true, I have been on a quest. I have taken risk, I have made sacrifices, I did things that were dangerous, I have made mistakes. I have learned life lessons.

I could write a book on my experiences. I am not where I want to be quite yet, but I am closer today than I was when I was 18.

At 18, I was young, inexperienced, confident, I was willing to take larger risk. I was in a journey to prove people wrong, I did what I thought was right, I threw caution to the wind, I went with it and maximized on opportunities.

My journey is not a path of popularity, it is my path, it is my journey. I own it.


I am pioneering so to say, as trials and tribulations have challenged me. Things that were out of my control happened, life happened.  I went from HS Hall of Famer to bedfast all from an oral polio vaccine. I went from scholarship athlete to full time college Coach, thanks to an opportunity provided to me from the coach I played for.

I was young, single, mobile, could take jobs on a volunteer basis to learn my craft, I would find outside work to supplicant my income pay for my housing and amenities and food.

I was hungry, I was eager to grind, I was on a mission to now help other achieve their goals, I realized early I was a motivator, a great communicator, I could teach the game. I was a recruiter. I would go from North Carolina, back to my home state of Indiana, to Tennessee, to Louisiana, back to North Carolina to Hawaii to Florida.  I would work college camps in the summer to network, make a bit of money to keep me afloat. I would also work Shooting camps and travel all across the United States.

I continued to gain confidence, I was able to practice my craft, I was able to experiment on my teaching and my testimony. I was taking my lumps, I had laser like focus, I was ambitious and driven.

I was always seeking the next opportunity to prove myself. I had now taught the game in almost every state in the United States with camps and clinics. This was all before social media. I was in the game. I had to learn to surround myself with quality people. I had to learn people would use me, I had to leRn not everybody was good. I had to learn kindness was a sign of weakness. Yey, i wLeays saw the good in people.

My career would jump to the Professional ranks in Europe, to then Scandanavia to Latin America to Middle East to Asia and back to Latin America to here in the United States.

I have been around the globe, I have been blessed, I have had so much success.
I have worked with the best in the business, I have learned from the most respected, I have beat some of these at the top levels.

I am never satisfied, I have become We with my family. I now want to put my family in the best position possible. It is not just me, it is We. What I want can't be Purchased. It has to be earned.

I need a break, I need an opportunity, I need someone to help me, like I am always willing to help others. I need for an answer to my prayers, I need it to be apart of Gods plan. I want it to be with the right people. I have a passion, I have a purpose, I have a plan. But, it can't be purchased.

It is frustrating, it is a challenge, it is about being in the right place at the right time, it is about perseverance, I have the experience, I have the confidence, I am chasing it like a heat sinking missile, I am aimed at my target, I have been tested....it is not a dream, it is more than a Vision. I feel it is what I was put here to do.

I am willing to work at it, I am eager to continue to learn and grow. I know what I have been doing is right, I know that when given the opportunity, it will take off, I believe in me, I know my value, I refuse to let others set my destiny, I know I too must change my situation. My work, plus my prayers will get me what I can't purchase.

Never give up on your purpose !

1 comment: